Insect bite in children

Has your child stepped on a bee while barefoot in the garden? That can happen quickly, but it’s usually not serious.

In summer they’re back again, the wasps, bees and other insects. The stings itch and burn, but experience shows that they’re usually harmless.

For an insect bite, remove the stinger if present. Good cooling and antipruritic drugs can help. However, if the sting is around the mouth or eye area, or if the child is in shock with pallor, shortness of breath, flushing, rapid pulse and nausea, you should call an ambulance on the emergency number as soon as possible.

Is your child known to be allergic to bee or wasp venom? Then you should make sure that you always have the appropriate antidote on hand, especially at this time of year.

Do you have any questions? We’re always there for you.

, , ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *